Rules and Regulations
General rules :
- Users should bring their Smart Card and scan it at the library entrance in the Gate Register.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library. The use of cell phone is strictly not allowed.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- The library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the Property Counter against a token. These are not allowed inside the Library.
- In case the property counter token is lost, the deposited article may be claimed with valid identification after submitting a written request.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave the books on the reading table.
- Newspapers, magazines and journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission. Unauthorized removal of property belonging to the library will be treated as theft and dealt accordingly.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the personal belongings of the users.
- Anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library would be liable to lose the privilege of library membership and may be debarred from using the library facilities, and disciplinary action will be taken by the university.
- Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
- Large chunks of electronic content (unsystematic downloading) should not be downloaded and are strictly prohibited.